Internship with the Global Communications Team based in Guatemala
Reporting to: Digital Communications Officer
Location: Guatemala City
Appplication closing: This call will remain open until the position is filled.
Interpeace is a Swiss non-profit organization that works in close partnership with national partner organizations and the UN. Its aim is to strengthen the capacity of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the United Nations) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world, through better understanding and response to the challenges of creating local capacities that enhance social and political cohesion.
Interpeace is supported by bilateral and multilateral donors as well as private funding. The organization is currently active in Africa, Central America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Scope of the Internship
Working as a member of the Global Communications Team and under the supervision of the Digital Communications Officer, the Intern will provide research, technical, administrative and other supports as required by the Global Communications Team. S/he will gain technical experience in organizational communications, and peacebuilding policy and programming.
Since 2016 the Global Communications team has been based in Guatemala, ensuring that all Interpeace communications and messages are consistent with our identity, principles and values. The Global Communications Team is part of the Global Engagement Unit, with presence in Guatemala, Geneva and Brussels, supporting all communication and external relations.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Organizing Interpeace’s photo library. Photography is key for Interpeace’s story-telling, portraying context and illustrating programme objectives and results.
- Supporting and developing global monthly reports. As an evidence-based organization, Interpeace measures its communication products through diverse indicators and reports to help ensure effective communication strategies.
- Support and compiling the weekly notes. With over 20 active programmes around the world, Interpeace’s weekly notes are used to inform colleagues on the latest events taking place in each country a programme is implemented, as well as staying up to date with the latest project news and activities.
- Organizing the communications archives and resources
- Supporting day-to-day administrative activities of the Global Communications Team
- Undertaking any other activities as requested by the supervisor.
- Based in Guatemala.
- Current pursuit of an undergraduate degree (Bachelor) in Communications or related field.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Experience in managing web content and on-line communications
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to deliver high quality products within given deadlines
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Ability to work under pressure completing multiple tasks and meeting demands and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude
- Effective relationships with the regional communications officers are a pre-condition for a successful implementation of the tasks
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize and follow up (execution)
- Commitment to gender equality and diversity
- Commitment to inclusiveness and consensus-building
The duration of the internship is 2.5 months.
A stipend is offered throughout the internship period.
How to Apply:
“Internship with the Global Communications Team” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application e-mail to be considered.
Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be notified.
For more information about Interpeace, its values and working principles, please visit the Interpeace website www.interpeace.org.