Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
If you do not agree to these Terms, you cannot use the site or our content.
What are your responsibilities if you register to receive our Newsletter?
- You must provide accurate, true and complete information. If you change any of your details after you’ve registered, please update your profile or let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
- Each registration is for a single user only. Please keep your registration details confidential, as you will be held responsible for all activities that occur using your registration details, with or without your knowledge. If you have concerns about the use of your registration details, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to use our Resources and Publications in accordance with their license terms. In particular, you are not permitted to benefit commercially from their use
- to use the site only for lawful purposes, so you are not to:
- use the site to knowingly transmit, send or upload any data or other material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to impair the functionality of a device or operation of any content; or
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the site, any equipment or network on which the site is stored or any software used in the provision of the site.
We or certain third parties own all intellectual property rights of our Resources and Publications. Where any of part of the Resources and Publication is owned by a third party, we will identify that party in the relevant resource.
How can you use it?
You are free to use the text of the Publication or Resource, but not any other aspect of it (e.g. images, graphics or logos) provided that:
- you only make noncommercial use of the text;
- you agree that we are entitled to change and to license and assign any work that arises out of your use;
- you credit the original author;
- if you make the text available on the internet, you will display a link from the site hosting the text to www.interpeace.org;
- you will acknowledge our copyright on any use of the text by including the following ‘’[insert year] © Interpeace.
- you will not change or edit the meaning of the original text;
- if you engage a third party to translate the text, you will ensure you own all intellectual property rights in that translation (including all moral rights), so that you can transfer ownership to us; and
- you will include the following in the copyright page of the translation ‘This is a direct translation of the [insert edition] of Interpeace’s [insert title]. The accuracy of the translated text was not verified by Interpeace. In case of doubt, the original English version prevails [insert ISBN of original version]. The translation was undertaken by [insert name of your organization].
What we don’t promise
- we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or completeness of the Resources and Publications or other information and content made available through the site or their usefulness for a particular purpose;
- we make no promises that your access to the site or its content will be delivered uninterrupted or error-free or that the site or its content will be free of viruses or other harmful properties. You download any content and/or software from the site at your own risk and you will be solely responsible to install suitable anti-virus and security software on your computer hardware and other devices to protect against any such viruses or other such harmful properties.
We disclaim liability for
We disclaim all liability for any loss or damages in respect of the site or any content on it.
What we don’t restrict our liability for
Nothing in these Terms restricts our responsibilities relating to:
- death or injury as a result of our negligence; or
- any other liability that we cannot restrict by applicable law.
To understand how you are permitted to use the Resources and Publication on our site, see Using our Resources and Publications. All of the other content on our site (e.g. videos, images) is either owned by us or others who have licensed that content to us. It is protected by international copyright and other intellectual property laws. That content is made available for your non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may also share any content capable of being shared on our site, by using the share functionality. Otherwise, you are not allowed to copy, change or distribute or use any of the content on this site without our written permission. No permission is given to use any of the trademarks appearing on this site, including the trademarks of Interpeace.
Third Party Software
You might need to download and activate certain software in order to use certain content made available on our site. We will tell you, where that is the case. Where that happens, you will have to explicitly accept the terms of a license agreement with that third party. You accept that we have no responsibility or control over such third-party software.
- the homepage is not loaded into frames on your site, unless we expressly agree;
- our site or services do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present false information about us or otherwise harm our business or conflict with our interests; and
- we reserve the right to withdraw linking permission any time without prior notice.
We may also change the functionality or features of our site, as well as any content we make available through it. We won’t be responsible to you for any loss you suffer, if we make any such changes.
If any part of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, all other parts of these Terms will not be affected and will remain in force.
These Terms govern our relationship with you and represent our entire agreement with you.
You may sub-license any of your rights under these Terms.
If we delay in taking any steps under our agreement with you, against you, this doesn’t prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.