Terms of Reference: Translator English/French
Location: Remote location
Application closing: 30 June, 2021
Project: Translation of Key Programmatic Documentation
Interpeace is an international organization for peacebuilding, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Its aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the UN) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world through better understanding and response to the challenges of creating local capacities that enhance social and political cohesion. For more information about Interpeace, please visit www.interpeace.org
Interpeace requires translation for a gender and mediation curriculum that has been designed for its programme in Burundi. The translation will increase the accessibility of these documents to francophone Interpeace staff, partner organisations and where applicable to the wider global community.
Service or Assignment Description and Objective(s)
CURRICULUM TRANSLATOR – ENGLISH/FRENCH
Scope of work
The Translator will undertake the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Translate from English to French all indicated sections of the document in a timely manner.
- Review translation to ensure highest quality translation
Activities, Deliverables and Timeframe
|Deliverables and Activities||Dates|
|Receive document for translation||July 2021|
|Return translated document for verification||August 2021|
- Minimum of a translation accreditation and a bachelor’s degree in languages, social sciences, law or related disciplines.
- Previous demonstrated curriculum translation experience within the INGO sector
- Experience translating gender themed documents
- Strong knowledge of the translation lexicon for development, peacebuilding or related disciplines
- Fluency in English and French
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit an expression of interest, translation rates and CV by June 30, 2021 (midnight, East Africa time) via email to: email@example.com
Applicants, if shortlisted, will then be required to submit translation samples and references.
Interpeace values diversity in its workforce and aims to achieve greater gender parity in all aspects of its work. We welcome applications from women and men, including those with disabilities.