Tender Notice: Supply of 17 motorcycles
Application closing: 26 June, 2021
Interpeace is an international organization for peacebuilding, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Its aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the UN) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world through better understanding and response to the challenges of creating local capacities that enhance social and political cohesion. For more information about Interpeace, please visit www.interpeace.org
In the 27 years since the genocide against the Tutsi, Rwanda has made strident efforts towards recovery and healing, across various dimensions of social and economic life. This has been characterized by cross-sectoral and locally owned innovations in diverse fields of practice, such as mental health, social cohesion, and sustainability of livelihoods. With the funding from European Union, Interpeace Rwanda is seeking to support the implementation of Rwanda Government’s mental health strategy (2020-2024), particularly the decentralisation of mental health service delivery through provision of 17 motorcycles to Bugesera District Health Centres. These motorcycles are expected to enhance Bugesera District Health Centres’ capacity to decentralise mental health service provision, implement capacity building of community health workers on issues around management of mental health cases; enhance home-based care services and conduct mental health awareness campaigns in all the 15 Sectors in the District as well as Bugesera Prison.
The successful bidder will be required to deliver the motorcycles to Bugesera, and train users how to use and maintain them.
1. Delivery location for the Motorcycles
The motorcycles will be delivered to Bugesera District Office.
2. Technical Specifications
The required motorcycles shall conform to the minimum technical specifications of motorcycle brands suitable for Rwanda upcountry terrain:
|Engine Oil Capacity||1.2 Litres|
|Transmission type||Constant mesh, 5 speed|
|Tyre size front/rear||3.0-18 47P/3.0-18 47P|
|Fuel tank capacity||12ltrs|
|Cylinder lay-out||Single cylinder|
|Engine type||Minimum 4 stroke|
|Overall length (LxWxH||2015mm x 755mm x 1090mm|
|Weight (with oil & a full fuel tank)||124kg|
|Minimum ground clearance||165mm|
|Starting system||Electric start & Kick start|
|Ignition system||Capacitor Discharge System|
|Suspension type(front/Rear)||Telescopic fork/Swingarm|
|Battery||12M5S-3B/12V 5.0 Ah(10HR)|
|Year of manufacturing||2020-2021|
|Gearbox||4-5 Speed Minimum|
|Fuel tank capacity||12 litres minimum|
|Maximum reserve tank||1.2 Litres|
- 12 months warrant
- Plate number per motorcycle
- 2 helmets with eye shield per motorcycle
- 2 pairs of rain jackets per motorcycle
- 1 pair of gloves per motorcycle
- 1 chain lock security
- 1 toolbox per motorcycle: double & spanner (14-12, 10-8), spark plug spanner, reversible ends screw drivers (star & flat)
- Certificate of representative from the manufacturer
- Each motorcycle should come with original catalogue not a copy.
- List and unit cost of critical parts and consumables to be available in stock(availability of spare parts in Rwanda market)
3. Quotation Requirements
Quotations must include the following information at a minimum. Incomplete quotations may be rejected.
- Full company name, physical and mailing address, and country of registration of bidder
- Description of Item, specifications, source country, price per unit and total price in Rwanda Francs only
- Delivery timing and terms
- Past supply information-At least 3 references from reputable organizations with supply of the same quantity or more.
- Warranty information
- After-sales service information for support in maintenance and training.
4. Tender Submission Guidelines
- Financial proposal: The contractor shall propose a reasonable cost estimate. The registered company shall be entirely responsible for all taxes incurred.
- Experience: Bidding companies shall include information regarding their experience in the business, customer lists, proof of supplying similar goods such as copies of contracts, certificates of supply completion, etc. Bidders are encouraged to provide at least 3 reference letters in relation to supply of the similar goods.
- Bid validity period: 90 calendar days.
5. Selection method
The selection will be based on demonstrated experience in business, fulfillment of the product technical specifications as per the Tender Notice, and cost.
The outcome of the selection shall be notified to the bidders through the email and thereafter the successful bidder shall be invited for contract negotiation and signing.
7. Validity of bids
The validity of bids shall be 90 days starting from the deadline for submission of bids. Interpeace Rwanda may cancel the tender at any time before the signing of the contract, including the reduction on prices of items that Interpeace will judge to be out of the normal range.
8. Administrative Requirements
The bid document must include the following administrative documents at a minimum. Incomplete quotations may be rejected.
- Business registration certificate
- Valid tax clearance certificate
- Valid social security fund clearance certificate
Quotations and Submission
Well-presented bids prepared in English language must be sent to Interpeace Rwanda via firstname.lastname@example.org, with copy to email@example.com not later than June 26th, 2021, at 2pm local time. Bids submitted after the fore mentioned date and time will be rejected.
For more information about Interpeace, its values and working principles, please visit its website: www.interpeace.org