Global HR Support Officer
Reporting to: Global HR Manager
Type of position: L3 S7
Application closing: 25 August, 2021
Job start date: ASAP
Interpeace is an international peacebuilding organisation that strengthens the ability of societies to manage conflict themselves in sustainable and non-violent ways. Interpeace designs and delivers its work tailored to each situation in partnership with local partners and communities, based on extensive consultation and research. Interpeace also ensures that the processes of conflict management and change that it supports are integrated at all levels of society including local communities, civil society, government and the international community (we call it a ‘Track 6’ approach).
Interpeace was originally established by the United Nations and remains its strategic partner. Beyond field-based peacebuilding, Interpeace also assists the international community – particularly the UN – to be more effective in supporting peacebuilding efforts worldwide. This includes contributing innovative thought leadership on peacebuilding policies and practices.
Interpeace is headquartered in Geneva and has offices around the world.
For more information about Interpeace, please visit www.interpeace.org
Purpose and Position within the Organization
The Global HR Support Officer is a member of the Global Operations Unit. Lead by the Global HR Manager based in Geneva, s/he conducts efficiently and effectively all HR administrative tasks linked to the employee life cycle for our Geneva office and collaborates closely with HR members located across multiple geographical offices.
The Global HR Support Officer works hand in hand with the Global HR Manager in providing a technical and services-oriented approach to the units to address the HR needs aligned with Interpeace policies and strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Global HR Manager, accomplishes in an autonomous manner the day-to-day HR administrative operations for Geneva office and manages global HR related queries for personnel administration, drafting contracts and work certificates, completing administrative matters for onboarding and offboarding of personnel.
- Is responsible for data accuracy on the HR online Platform maintained by the HR team at the different offices and by the Global HR Support Officer for the Geneva office. To ensure accuracy of data, scans and uploads any missing documents and completes information for Geneva personnel as well as Representation offices; and also guides and follows up with HR colleagues in countries to ensure online personnel files are accurate and up to date.
- Manages the HR online platform, ensuring data accuracy, workflows, staff leave monitoring, tracking and administration of the probation periods, recruitment process (to be put in place), report building and acts as focal point for any questions regarding the platform and its functioning.
- Monitors the organization’s insurance portfolio in Geneva and is responsible for administering these in a timely manner for renewals of insurances, payment of the premiums, reporting of accidents and illnesses with the insurance broker company.
- Gathers documents for HR / Finance audit purposes or compliance processes.
- Engages with hiring units in Geneva and abroad when recruitment needs are expressed to organise and participate in the full recruitment process.
- Engages with appropriate authorities for work permit applications and social security enrolment in Geneva mainly (Brussels, NYC and other representation offices when required).
- Under the guidance of the Global HR Manager, bring together existing HR processes, building on the practices in place across countries, and consolidate them to improve and standardize HR internal procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources Administration;
- Experience in the nonprofit sector;
- Swiss Certificate of Human Resources or equivalent;
- Knowledge of Swiss employment law, social security, tax and payroll;
- Thorough knowledge of practices and procedures for preparing HR administrative documents and maintaining file systems;
- Fluent in French and English (Being a native English Speaker is an asset);
- Field experience is an asset;
- Ability to work with a diverse multicultural team and across multiple teams;
- Service, flexible and detailed oriented;
- Highly organized and able to respond to multiple demands and understand and adjust to changing priorities;
- Ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and good judgment
- Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve.
- Collaboration and Weaving
- Drive for results
- Adaptability and Continuous Learning
- Respect for Diversity
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application to email@example.com no later than August 25th 2021 “Global HR Support Officer” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email to be considered.
The application must include:
- a complete curriculum vitae
- a letter of interest
- an acknowledgement letter, answering the following questions:
- Have you ever been criminally convicted or subject to any criminal or administrative penalty by any competent authority? If yes, please specify:
- Have you ever been terminated or separated (e.g. contract termination, dismissal, non-renewal) or subject to any disciplinary measure or sanction by your employer for fraud, harassment, sexual harassment, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse?
- Have you ever resigned while under investigation or during disciplinary proceedings?
And confirming the following declaration of understanding:
I confirm the accuracy of the information provided, with the understanding that Interpeace will conduct reference checks to verify relevant information.
I understand that if any false or misleading information is provided in my application, or any material fact suppressed, I may not be employed, of if I am employed, I may be dismissed.
Interpeace values diversity among its staff and aims to achieve gender equality both through gender parity at all levels of the organisation and the promotion of a gender dimension in all its work. We welcome applications from women and men, and those with disabilities.
Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.