Gestionnaire de programme
Reporting to: Représentant(e) pays
Type of position: L5 S1
Fermeture de l'application: 30 November 2021
Interpeace is an international organisation for peacebuilding. Interpeace tailors its approach to each society and ensures that its work is locally designed and driven. Through local partners and its own local teams, Interpeace jointly develops peacebuilding programmes based on extensive consultation and research. Interpeace helps establish processes of change that promote sustainable peace, social cohesion and resilience. The organisation’s work is designed to connect and promote understanding between local communities, civil society, governments and the international community. Interpeace also assists the international community – especially the United Nations – to play a more effective role in peacebuilding based on the organisation’s expertise in field-based work at the grassroots level. This is achieved primarily through contributing innovative thought leadership and fresh insights into contemporary peacebuilding policy. This assistance to the international community is also achieved through its ‘peace responsiveness’ work, in which Interpeace provides advice and practical support to other international organisations (especially those in the security, development and humanitarian aid sectors) so that they adapt systemically in order that their own work simultaneously addresses conflict dynamics and strengthens peace dynamics. Interpeace is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and has offices around the world.
Pour de plus amples informations sur Interpeace, veuillez consulter le site www.interpeace.org/fr
Position within the Organisation
The Programme Manager (Mogadishu) will be a member of the Somali Programme Team (SPT) that implements all Interpeace’s programmes in Somalia and Somaliland. The Programme Manager (Mogadishu) will report to the Country Representative. The role-holder will also interact with Interpeace’s Somali programme team and other external stakeholders, especially in relation to on-going and up-coming programmes. The incumbent will be expected to travel to travel extensively in support of Interpeace on-going programmes.
Objectif et aperçu général
The Programme Manager (Mogadishu) will provide technical research leadership and oversight to Interpeace’s programmes, especially when it comes to designing and implementing research activities. This will include developing research concept notes and Terms of Reference (ToRs), facilitating workshops, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), dialogue and forums sessions, research and analysis, producing reports and visual representations, and provision of technical advice. The Programme Manager (Mogadishu) will lead all the research activities and coordinate closely with the Interpeace Somali programme team and the Somali partners of current and upcoming programmes. This post will be based in Interpeace’s office in Mogadishu and will involve a significant amount of travel to the programme locations.
Fonctions et responsabilités
- Lead the implementation of the research activities under Interpeace’s current programmes.
- Manage Interpeace’s research activities within the Somali programme and supervise external research outputs of partners.
- Conduct background research and lead the drafting of key institutional research and reporting documents within the Somali programme. The incumbent will also ensure that these documents reflect and take into account wider developments and policy in the peacebuilding sector.
- Conduct research and provide qualitative and quantitative resource material to contribute to Interpeace’s internal guidance and positioning documents, including the Somali programme Country Strategy.
- Contribute to the development of proposals for sustained and increased investment by Interpeace in its research capacity, including through collaborative partnerships with partners and stakeholders in Somalia and Somaliland.
- Provide regular analysis of the information gathered/provided by the programme teams.
La gestion et le développement des programmes
- Provide initial inputs to assist the Somali Programme Team develop concept notes, proposals and donor reports.
- Contribute to identifying new programmatic entry points in Somalia and Somaliland based on on-going and emerging statebuilding processes.
- Provide advice to the Management Team to strengthen programmatic management of Somali programme partners.
- Support Interpeace’s teams across Somalia and Somaliland in all aspects of programme management and implementation, including planning and conducting participatory action research, setting up and supervising dialogue spaces, conducting advocacy activities at local, provincial and national level.
- Have a vast network that can be tapped into to ensure the analysis is triangulated.
- Keep abreast of developments in contextual changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase programme effectiveness, performances and results.
Candidates with relevant qualifications, experience, a tertiary degree, and fluent in English and Somali are invited to apply. Relevant experience and qualifications may include:
- Master’s degree in peace-related studies, social or political science, research or other relevant fields or Bachelors in related field with over 5 years of experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in research, peacebuilding, governance, security or political and/or developmental work with increasing responsibility.
- Proven experience in managing partners, engaging authorities and civil society.
- Experience in facilitation, presentation and coordination skills.
- Understanding of relevant research and contextual needs in the Somali regions and the current thinking on peacebuilding issues and methods; and demonstrable ability to anticipate emerging needs and integrate them into priority programme setting.
- Practiced organizational and planning skills; and has some knowledge of project cycle management including using project planning and management tools.
- Strong programme management skills
- Strong writing and communications skills in English and Somali is required.
- Collaboration et networking
- Motivation pour les résultats
- Adaptabilité et apprentissage continu
- Respect de la diversité
Facteurs de réussite
- Strong commitment to supporting local peacebuilding initiatives and to the values and working principles of Interpeace
- Excellent social and inter-cultural skills, outstanding communication skills to a variety of stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Creative team player with a commitment to inclusiveness and consensus building
- personality with tact and a high adaptation capacity
- S'identifie et s'engage à respecter les valeurs fondamentales et les principes de travail d'Interpeace.
Comment postuler ?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position shall remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. Please apply early.
«Research Manager” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email to be considered. The application must include:
- Un curriculum vitae complet
- Une lettre de motivation
- Un document retraçant les réponses aux questions suivantes :
- 1. Avez-vous déjà fait l'objet d'une condamnation pénale ou d'une sanction pénale ou administrative par une autorité compétente ? Dans l'affirmative, veuillez préciser :
- Avez-vous déjà été licencié ou séparé (par exemple, résiliation de contrat, licenciement, non- renouvellement) ou soumis à une mesure ou une sanction disciplinaire par votre employeur pour fraude, harcèlement, harcèlement sexuel, exploitation ou abus sexuel ?
- Avez-vous déjà démissionné alors que vous faisiez l'objet d'une enquête ou d'une procédure disciplinaire ?
Confirmation de ma déclaration :
Je confirme l'exactitude des informations fournies, étant entendu qu'Interpeace procédera à une vérification des références pour contrôler les informations pertinentes. Je comprends que si des informations fausses ou trompeuses sont fournies dans ma candidature, ou si des faits matériels sont supprimés, je ne peux pas être employé, ou si je suis employé, je peux être licencié.
Interpeace attache de l’importance à la diversité de son personnel et vise à atteindre une plus grande parité hommes-femmes à tous les niveaux de son travail. Nous accueillons les candidatures des femmes et des hommes, y compris celles des personnes vivant avec handicap..
Interpeace values diversity among its staff and aims to achieve gender equality both through gender parity at all levels of the organisation and the promotion of a gender dimension in all its work. We welcome applications from women and men, and those with disabilities.
Veuillez noter qu'en raison du nombre élevé́ de candidatures, SEULS les candidats présélectionnés seront contactés.