Location: Work from current base
Application closing: Until company is hired
Job start date: As soon as possible
Interpeace is an independent, international peacebuilding organization. It was created within the Unite Nations (UN) in 1994 and continues to maintain a strategic partnership with the UN since it gained independence in 2000. Its aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways. Interpeace tailors its approach to each society and always works with local partners to ensure its engagements are locally-driven. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the United Nations) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world.
Headquartered in Geneva, Interpeace is supported by bilateral and multilateral donors. The organization is currently active in Africa, Central America, Middle East and Southeast Asia.
Scope of the position
Interpeace will hire a company with experience in Webmaster services, that is capable of providing solutions to all the work related to Interpeace’s websites, with demonstrated availability. This company will work on all Interpeace’s websites (current and future).
Work is based on 50 hours in a 6-month contract, which can be extended. This company will be under the supervision of a designated Interpeace IT.
The company providing the service will have the following responsibilities:
Unlimited websites support
- Give support to all the websites (current and future) following the contracted hours and distributed as demanded by the GCU.
Websites full support availability 8X5
- Eight hours availability five days a week (Monday to Friday), in order to give support on website service interruption, instability, bad function or others minor requests.
- Weekends and holidays will be under previous request.
- Keep the websites mapped so that any other person can understand it at an IT level.
- Develop on demand under previous request.
Support the development of new websites
- Implement new websites from zero on demand.
Migration support on demand
- Support Interpeace in any migration of a website.
Level of service
- Follow the level of service resolution table:
Time to receive a first answer
|Trouble detection time||Trouble resolution time|
|Service working but with instability||2||1||12|
|Low||Service bad function (example: problem with one user)||4||1||
|Planified||Manteinance and other services planified||24||N/A||
- Keep an automatic backup of each website.
- Keep the platforms of the websites updated.
Interpeace will be the owner of all the work done and the webmaster provider will have the obligation to give Interpeace’s IT all the credentials used in the websites (domains, databases, hosting, etc…)
How to Apply
Qualified Webmaster services may submit their application, including a letter of interest, the company’s description, and an Expertise summary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Interpeace Webmaster Services” in the subject line.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Interpeace is an equal opportunity employer. Interpeace values diversity among its staff and aims at achieving greater gender parity in all levels of its work. We welcome applications from women and men, including those with disabilities.